We stayed one night in one of the shared bathroom rooms of Wawona. It was one very fun night. It is not that much of a hassle that you have to go around the corner to take a shower. In fact if you are up for some out of the ordinary experience I highly recomend staying in these rooms. It was actually a good feeling in the coldish morning to walk back to my room in the warm bathrobes they giver you.
The building was built in the 1800s and still everything has the feel of that era on it. The glass wall dinning room is an experience in it self in the morning in the bright sunlight. Although the food they serve is average and not cheap. Such a shame.
The patios around the hotel are so welcomming you would just want to sit there and do notthing but enjoy the warm breeze and sunshine.
Funny thing is that when they tell you they gonna give you a roomkey they mean a real key not a key card like in almost all the hotels nowadays. It is so fitting.
The staff was very helpful. The location is somewhat great since it is in the park although a bit further from the actual valley (about 30 min drive).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park