Wawona promised so much yet delivered very little. Being in the midst of one of the world's great parks gives owners the right to charge for the privilege but their prices were borderline extortionate.
$200 a night for a pokey room. OK, I understand the need to retain the character of the place but some effort needs to be made to improve basic of the facilities.
The main buiilding is lovely - lots of history - and we enjoyed dinner on the verandah. No real complaints there - except the prices were a little excessive.
I'm glad we visited but, if there is a next time, we'll be staying out Yosemite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park