I stayed here with my wife and two 7 year old kids. As you pull up it feels very serene and like stepping back in time. The room we had was small and basic but comfortable, clean ad quiet. The radiators seem to be permanently on, so even though it's cold outside, you'll be warm - to be honest, too warm.
We had a small sink in our room which was adequate for the one night we stayed but the toilets were shared and away from our room which was not ideal, but not a major problem.
We had a meal in the dining room, treated by the people we were with, but certainly would not have done on our own - prices are high! That said though, the meatloaf was the best I've ever had and big in size.
Breakfast was good and plenty of choice, but I did find the guy whistling the US Anthem odd. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm English and I've never seen or heard anything like this anywhere else in the world.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience - not really what you'd expect from a hotel in this day and age, but it seems the olde worlde charm is what they're aiming for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park