Yes, you are stepping back 100 years, so set you expectations accordingly, and you will enjoy your stay. The hotel lacks modern conveniences: no TV, no phone; but this is offset by the charm. The location is nice if you want to be away from the busy Yosemite Valley.
We stayed for 2 nights (Oct 7-8, 2012) in Room W0208 in the Main Building. The room is nicely furnished, but is a bit cramped; hardly any place to hang things up. The floor boards and furniture creak, but this is part of the charm. The room does not have a private bathroom; guests on this floor share facilities. Beware, you must walk along an outdoor balcony to reach the bathrooms, so be prepared if the weather gets cool at night. Heavy robes are provided.
The lobby, sitting areas, and restaurant are beautiful. Breakfast is included in the room rate, dinners are good, reasonably priced, but the offerings a bit bland. The staff was wonderful in making our stay a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park