The Wawona Hotel was the only accomodation available for our recent trip to Yosemite National Park so we reluctantly booked a room without a private bath. It was 37 degrees when we arrived and our room had the window open. We were never able to get the room to warm up. We reported it to management--had to walk down to the office as there are no phones in the room. They said they would come and check but never did. We used a little electric heater trying to warm the room up enough to take off our coats. The restaurant was nice but pricey. The lack of bathroom facilities was a real problem for us as it was like leaving your room and going out in the cold to an outhouse. There were two toilets shared with the entire cottage. The shower was gross enough that I chose not to shower at the location. I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park