If you are going to spend time at the Mariposa Grove or are coming to Yosemite via the south entrance, this interesting hotel might make a good stop. We spent one night in October, and with all its quirks & foibles (which we anticipated from reading tripadvisor reviews) it worked out fine for us. Front Desk staff were friendly & helpful & informal: our room (there are several multi-room stand-alone buildings in addition to the main hotel building) was old and funky but fine for a night. Yep, walls seem thin. The heat came on in the evening - but no controls in the room. We opened windows to the common porch and used a fan for a few hours; we arrived in late afternoon, by the time we thought about dinner there was a wait (with pagers); the lobby & side piano room filled quickly with folks waiting for dinner, having a drink. The single drink server was very busy, but did take orders for take-out food from the restaurant. Everything was very nice and quiet by 10pm or so; the "sunroom" which offered wifi was quietly occupied into the evening by those who needed internet. It does take an hour or so from the Valley, but is charming in its way and not a bad deal. Don't expect either Ahwahnee quality/service/price nor chain motel sameness; it s unique and worth a visit. Oh yes - there is a tennis court, pool and golf too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park