“I need the recipe for the Watermelon Martini.”

Majestic Yosemite Hotel Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The perfect place to unwind after an exciting day outdoors, the bar offers a relaxing atmosphere as well as outdoor seating with wonderful views of Yosemite National Park.
Napa, California
“I need the recipe for the Watermelon Martini.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We visited for cocktails this summer before having dinner in the main dining room, and our very nice server brought me a neon-Martian-green Watermelon Martini: Midori, Watermelon Vodka, Sweet & Sour with a watermelon cube garnish. Good thing I ordered the small 1.5oz size and didn't finish it, because anything larger would've put me under the outdoor table & I'd've been attacked by the ground squirrels chasing each other across the Ahwahnee lawn. The bees were a bit aggressive that day, but the server made sure to tell people that if they were eating, he would reseat them elsewhere; we were not bothered. The cocktails are distinctly more expensive than say, a bar in NYC or L.A.; I believe mine cost $12-13. But you can't beat the ambiance, and after a full day hiking you're too tired to complain, so just sip slowly and enjoy.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Grand Island, New York
“Nice casual lunch”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch inside the Ahwahnee hotel in the bar area. We had our choice of eating inside or out, but with the temp outside of 104 we decided to enjoy the air conditioning and ate Inside. It was very nice inside our lunches were very good, a bit on the high price side and service was a little slow.

• Visited August 2012
Everywhere
“High dollar, gorgeous view, terrible service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

On a family trip to Yosemite I wanted my family to experience the beautiful and historic Ahwahnee Hotel. We didn't want to schlep jackets and slacks necessary for the dining room and so went to eat on the patio at the bar. What a mistake! The most expensive meal of our trip (far Moreno than the wonderful Mountain Room at the Lodge) with the worst food and the worst service!! It took 20 minutes for our server to even offer us drinks after being seated. And once we'd finished that round, halfway through the meal, it took another 25 minutes to get her to notice that we wanted more! The food was mediocre and way overpriced. Don't go.

• Visited August 2012
San Diego
“Nice place to eat.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

6 of us girls had dinner there, we had drinks and tacos, meat sandwichs and salads. The tacos were good as well as chix sandwichs. Good to eat here in summer, but better in winter when Piano is being played and snow is outside.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's up with all the rats?...”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

... Oh sorry, I meant squirrels... because squirrels are cute... so it's OK and charming, tee hee.
We have been through this hotel and it really is beautiful with an air of elegance so we thought, let's stop by for a delightful pinkie finger-lifting cup of tea and dinner :)
We were welcomed, told there was no room outside where it was so pleasant and sunny and ushered to a table at the back of the sad, dark and very muggy bar where the view of the waiters and bus boys clattering dishes in the kitchen didn't have the same tweeness as the acoustic guitar duo serenading the guests outside.

Eek!! WTF are those crawling about on the floor?! Are those rats?! Ugh! I hastily lifted baby off his stroller only to find instead of rat tails they were fluffy cutikins squirrel tails..... awwww.
Our waiter approached and asked if we had any questions... I was about to say 'duhhh' but instead asked what I thought was a very obvious question 'Why are there rodents crawling all over the floor of a restaurant... you know, where FOOD is served'? He seemed 'surprised' at my obviously expected question and said 'well they come in from the outside by those two doors, see them?' 'By golly! I thought, 'I DO see them, thanks for clearing that up!', he then said that the waiters need those doors open so they can go outside to serve food. I'm puzzled, I've been to gosh, a number of restaurants with doors leading both inside and outside and the servers haven't had any problem opening and shutting them so please be honest and say you think customers will think it charming, adorable etc but you'll get out the brooms if god forbid, a load of pigeons or tree rats try to be equally as adorable. Oh, and thanks for placing 'Do not feed the wildlife, keep them wild or we will slap you with a $5000 fine'. I'M SO CONFUSED!!
So we decided to abandon our menus offering Burger King fare and decided to dine with the humans at the most excellently serviced and menued Yosemite Lodge.

Oh look, a delightful rabid fruit bat is nibbling my croissant..... get the camera!