Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $130.00
from $100.00
from $1,075.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp packing list camp food awesome guide guide service glacier point back packing amazing trip recommend this trip great company experience yosemite small group snow creek clouds rest the entire trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Highly recommend Lasting Adventures. Their equipment was high quality, providing us everything we needed (included in the price). We had two highly experienced guides who kept us safe, well fed, and as comfortable as possible during this 3 1/2 day trip. They were both highly knowledgeable about Yosemite, and provided excellent context around the park's history, its wildlife, trees, and plants.

Our group of 5 consisted of family and friends, all adults. We did this backpacking trip at the perfect time of year, when the weather was sunny and moderately warm by day, and a chilly at night. This was a lifetime experience. This outfitting / guide company donates all its profits to a foundation that enables underprivileged youth to experience the beauty of the outdoors, making them unique and well deserving of your business.

A word of advice: pay close attention to their information and pre-registration guidance. This was some challenging backpacking with a 40-45 pack carrying all your gear and supplies up and down some steep trails. Condition yourself well in advance as their guidance suggests. If you have any doubt whether you're health and fitness is suited for this trek, call them to discuss. Also, travel insurance with a medical rider is highly recommended just in case, as you are truly in backcountry where the only way out in a medical emergency is by helicopter. Not expensive to obtain.

An incredible experience.

1  Thank Kevin E
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Incredible journey and they take care of you making sure you enjoy. Just the right amount of backpacking. Amazing food! They really respect the land and teach you the right way to backpack!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrific full day hike to Cloud's Rest, with Matt as my guide. The trail was challenging but the terrain and vistas were amazing. LA provided very clear instructions for logistics and Scott was great in being flexible with my last minute changes on days and itineraries. Matt was a wonderful guide - extremely experienced, knowledgeable, passionate about the outdoors, and engaging throughout the hike. He was also very accommodating to my pace and preferences throughout the day. The oatmeal cookies were a nice treat ;). Thank you Matt!!

1  Thank albebk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked the Three Summits, three sunsets 5 day trip as I was looking for a challenge, as well as the opportunity to experience as many of the amazing places that Yosemite have to offer.
From pre-booking questions, through to the booking process, and right up to the day- the communication from Lasting Adventures was fantastic, with no fault.
The trip itself was one of the most challenging, yet the most rewarding experiences I have ever had- both mentally and physically.
The small group of eight, plus the two guides, allowed us to get to know each other over the course of the trip. Whilst some of this is down to group dynamics, it was very well helped and coordinated by Nicole and Jack, the guides.
Nicole and Jack really made the trip such an amazing experience, their friendship, work ethic and obvious love for Yosemite shone through at all times. These two are such an amazing credit to the company- demonstrating professionalism, but warmth and compassion at all times. They worked hard to make sure that we were fed/ watered and encouraged, and did it all with a smile and grace. Given the challenging nature of this trip, it could have been easy for the group to separate out into faster/ slower participant. However, Nicole and Jack worked well together to ensure this didn’t happen.
The trip, and route, itself was such a unique way to experience Yosemite.
It was extremely physically challenging, and I was so grateful for the pre-trip training I had undertaken (again, as suggested and communicated by lasting adventures). I consider myself to be a fairly fit and active person, however I was very well challenged along this trip- largely the combination of long, steep uphill climbs and heavy packs.
Every summit has its own beautiful and equal view and perspective for Yosemite. There was not one that was more beautiful or preferred.
The equipment provided by Lasting Adventures was well suited to the trip, however the sleeping pads could be a little thicker. After the first night, i did end up with bruises on my hips from sleeping on my side.
The food cooked by Jack and Nicole was plentiful, and tasted amazing. They had obviously considered and put a lot of
thought into the menu for the week- looking after a variety of food related requirements such as allergies, vegetarians and diabetics.
This was such an amazing trip and I cannot be more thankful to the group, Nicole and Jack for making it an experience I will never forget.
Thank you Lasting Adventures!

1  Thank OzAlixh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend convinced myself and another buddy to sign up for the 5 Day backpacking trip. None of us had ever backpacked before, and two of us had never seen Yosemite. From the earliest days of discerning which company to utilize, we were impressed by the rapid responses to our inquiries.

Our trip was in late September as we did not want to experience crowds or bugs. Our guides - Jack and Nicole - met us at Curry Village and took plenty of time to help us pack for the week. They looked through everything we had brought, and told us what to bring, and what to leave behind. Then, we packed our backpacks and started our adventure.

I am 59 years old and in excellent condition. I've done marathons and half-Ironman triathlons. This trip was a test of my endurance. The backpack is heavy (30 - 45#) and the routes are steep and long. You will be navigating terrain that is indescribably beautiful, but at the same time challenging. If you are not in reasonably good physical condition - choose another trip.

Jack and Nicole were amazing. Both of them are experienced rock climbers, and in addition to providing us history and insight into Yosemite, they were wonderful guides and managed the group with expertise well beyond their years. As our group was deciding which day to hike up to Half-Dome, we relied on their opinions concerning the weather. Thankfully, they were exactly right. We woke up at 3AM on our last day to trek in the dark to the cables of Half-Dome. Just before sunrise, we pulled ourselves to the top of one of the most iconic rock formations in the world. Don't miss the opportunity to stand on the top of Half-Dome, Clouds Rest, and Mt. Hoffman. Each summit is unique in it's own way.

My only criticism is with the sleeping pads provided. They are very thin! None of us slept well - but part of that was the cold. At night - the temperatures at 9000' where we were camping dipped into the 20's. We weren't prepared for that. But temperature aside, I would highly recommend that you purchase a thin, inflatable sleeping pad.

This trip will never be forgotten. Jack and Nicole - and the rest of the group - created a wonderful bond of friendship. Do yourself a favor and see one of the most majestic parks our planet has to offer.

1  Thank David W