TripAdvisor

from $100.00
from $130.00
from $1,075.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp packing list camp food awesome guide guide service glacier point back packing amazing trip recommend this trip guided hike great company experience yosemite small group clouds rest snow creek
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2019

had a good time. great guides and great views. good food. memorial time.
group was full of laughs and good times

Reviewed July 14, 2019

My daughter participated in the 13 day backpacking trip through Yosemite. I was admittedly nervous sending her on this trip.... I have never been out of contact with her for so long. Long story short, we took the leap and when I picked her up, she was cool, calm and more confident than I’ve ever seen her in her entire life. It was amazing.... she had a life-changing experience. She loved her guides and the group she was with and I got to hear all about the trip on the ride home. I cannot recommend Lasting Adventures enough and I’m so grateful they made it possible for her to attend. I rate them 5 bright and shining stars.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

My three friends and I,(aged 13-15), went on a two-week backpacking trip in Yosemite. We did it very early in the season, and therefore there was a lot of snow where we were backpacking. Our group was a group of experienced hikers, and we were the first people to do the trail, including park rangers. Though the trek was hard, the guides, Kara Maceross and Eric Koons, kept the morale up with jokes and motivation.

There was one oher kid in our group (aged 13) the the team building exercises that we did helped bring everyone together and form a closer bond with one another. During the last three days of our trip, we climbed Cloud's Rest and Half Dome, which were both extremely beautiful. We grew close a a family, and on the last night, we had a very joyous celebration. We joked, messed around, and ate delicious food prepared by the guides.

There is no reason why I would not recommend this trip, and because of this I have done trips with Lasting Adventures three times, with a total of thirty-two days. I strongly recommend them if you are looking for a physical and active summer camp, with amazing views along the way.

Reviewed July 13, 2019

My 15 year old teen and his friends completed their second summer backpack adventure with Lasting Adventures. Neither boy had tried backpacking before 2018 but after last summer's trip with Lasting Adventures they were eager to come back this summer. Highlights: descent down the Yosemite Falls trail with breathtaking views of thundering water, swimming in a clear river, scrambling up a granite rock pile by moonlight, camping out with 360 degree views of Yosemite Valley and surrounding mountains. The whole group and their guides were in a great mood by the time we met up at the end of the trail. 11 teens, age 13 to 17. They're already talking about next summer in Yosemite.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019

My 14-yr old daughter went on the 13 day Yosemite High Country backpacking trip. Though the first week was hard, getting used to the pack, the hiking, and the routine, she said that by the end of the 2 week, she didn't want it to end. Climbing Half Dome was her favorite part of the trip. She also loved the guides Alice and Anthony and the more relaxed style of the experience than her prior Girl Scout camps.

Date of experience: July 2019