Yosemite Valley Private Hiking Tour

Book in advance
from
$300.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $300.00
from $300.00
from $1,675.00
1,026 results
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp back packing glacier point amazing adventure sleeping bags snow creek high country yosemite valley curry village sentinel dome el capitan scott knowledge half gear
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I just returned from this fabulous adventure with memories to reflect on the rest of my life! This company was very responsive from my initial contact with them, answering all my concerns & questions in a timely manner. We chose this trip because we are a group of gals that enjoy a challenge, & it was! I feel we got the complete experience with this 5 day/4 night backpack trip but it was extremely grueling at times with the 40 lb backpack, but the views we experienced & the sense of accomplishment we received was so rewarding. I was the oldest in our group, 65, & my 4 gal friends were all in their late 50's & early 60's. We are all runners & trained hard for this trip, & felt that most people our age would find this very challenging & may want to consider some day trips with a much lighter day pack & sleep in the valley. Our guides Peter, Riley & Scott were a joy - personable, informative, motivating & great cooks! We couldn't have asked for a better team of guides! We learned so much about backpacking & their equipment we used was in great condition! I highly recommend this company!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

My son was part of the week long backpacking camp (ages 10-13) and he had the best time! It was his first time going on such a long adventure without me, so I was a little nervous (he was very excited ;)) but he had the greatest time. He wants to do more trips and backpack through all the national forests now :) I'm so happy he had this experience and thankful for his wonderful guides, Anna and Kyle.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

My 15 year old son went on the 6 day high country adventure with a good friend of his. The staff was very responsive with questions via email. His guides Katie and Graham were great. I think it helps if your child is used to hiking or athletically inclined as they do hike/walk a lot each day. They bring freeze dried food for the kids - my son loved the chili mac but everybody reported not liking the alfredo. He was in a group of 9 kids. I think what would have been helpful for the parents dropping off/picking up the kids to know is that you do need to pay for the entrance fee of $30 to get into the Yosemite National Park which is good for a week. Weekends can be crazy with the delay of getting inside the park as well as getting to the dropoff/pickup location - parking was especially difficult for pickup this Saturday, so it really helps if there were two people dropping or picking up in case you can't find parking and can't stop. Having the equipment list is very helpful but it's a lot to buy and get ready for if you don't frequently go camping. It's great that they allow rental of backpack/sleeping bag and sleeping pad if needed, although we opted to purchase the sleeping bag and backpack and only borrowed the sleeping pad. It's interesting concept that they sleep out in the open and not in tents (less carrying of tents), but for those who tend to get cold easily despite wearing layers, it may not be as comfortable. We bought a 20 degree sleeping bag on sale at LL Bean and my son felt warm enough in it since he also wore a jacket too and slept with mosquito net on his head. They came home still bug bitten. The camp is reasonably priced in comparison to many other similar camps (although not at Yosemite). I'm sure it would be even more popular if transportation getting to Yosemite was more easily arranged, thus we ended up doing the drive ourselves. The kids play card games or other games when not hiking. I don't think they got to swim in any lakes as I have seen videos of other kids' videos of their Lasting Adventures trip. Overall I think it's a great opportunity for a small group ot teenagers to experience the beautiful Yosemite in an outdoor experience with no phone/media for 6 days. They come home tired and dirty with stinky clothes to wash.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This has been a dream come true!!! Thank you Izzy and Greg!!! I would never forger the excellent support, knowledge and guidance you guys gave us.
An Unforgettable Experience!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Yosemite is a spectacular place and we were happy we were introduced to it and Half Dome by the guides at Lasting Adventures. Could not recommend the day tour to Half Dome more highly. Will Heaps was awesome! Pep talk up the cables was great.

Date of experience: June 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction