Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $110.00
from $90.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed December 3, 2014

This adventure provided our nephew a positive experience, tested his endurance and strengthened his spirit. It was the highlight of his visit with us. He spent 7 days hiking in the upper Yosemite valley carrying his supplies on his back. The only part that we did not like is the fact that the final meeting spot was changed from the lower valley to the upper valley. Thus, eliminating the opportunity for our kid to see this area of the Yosemitte valley. The main reason for this change was a potential fire hazard, but the fire warning was eliminated just on time and we expected that the original promised rout should have been retained.

Date of experience: August 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Scott G, Executive Director at Lasting Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about your nephews experience. It is always our goal to provide an experience that youth will grow from and remember for years to come. In regards to the re-direct; unfortunately fires caused much re-routing during the past two years. In this scenario we felt it best to ensure safety first and communicate a plan with our Guides in the field and all parents at the start of the trip rather than have to make changes depending on the fires behavior during the trip. Although your nephew did miss viewing the Yosemite Valley proper, he did view many lessor known and equally astonishing views while camping besides them and always ensuring safety first. -Scott

Reviewed November 3, 2014

We visited California in October 2014 and booked the 'Mist Trail to the Panorama Trail (down John Muir Trail)' with Lastin Adventures.

After a 2,5hr drive (we stayed a Mammoth Lakes, not recommended if you don't like driving although the route is beautiful) we met Scott at the Yosemite Lodge and took the bus uphill (which means the trail is mainly downhill). After enjoying the first breathtaking views we started hiking, and Scott told dus history, background information and fun stories about Yosemite. During the day we took several breaks to eat, enjoy the views and take photos.

We had an unforgettable time! The hike was 8 mile which was perfect for the day (we are inexperienced hikers). At the end there were some steeps downhill parts but is was all worth it.

2  Thank wspruijt
Reviewed October 30, 2014

Two of my children (13yr and 15yr) had been on three separate amazing and inspiring trips with Lasting Adventures so when I had the opportunity to sign up for my own trip, I didn't hesitate. Ok, well maybe just a little... since I had zero back-packing experience, I wasn't totally sure of what I was getting myself into.

Any concerns I may have had were totally put to rest because Scott, the owner and guide for our trip, was clearly experienced, totally organized, and completely prepared for our trip. He knew exactly when to push our team forward and when we needed a rest. He was a wealth of information on Yosemite and you could tell he knew each and every trail like the back of his hand. Our safety and enjoyment of our trip was always on his mind.

So break in your hiking shoes, bring your camera and get ready to see some of the most beautiful views Yosemite has to offer. I highly recommend you travel with Lasting Adventures - you won't be disappointed!

And yes, one more plug... if you want your kids to go on a life changing trip over the summer, I would definitely recommend the youth summer trips. My kids couldn't stop talking about all of the things that they did and how amazing the trip was. They loved sleeping under the stars and swimming in the lakes. They loved their guides and made some new friends in the process!!

1  Thank Charlene N
Reviewed October 28, 2014

I spent 3 months travelling in the states and my time with lasting adventures was the best 3 days of my trip!

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed October 24, 2014

I still get goosebumps thinking of my trip. What an amazing experience!!!! We were lucky to have Scott as our guide who made the experience phenomenal and was so supportive to all members of our group. He made sure everyone had a good experience. They provide everything for you and make sure you are well feed. Make sure you prepare for a physically challenging experience. This is the real way to see Yosemite. I would love to go back and do another trip again and take a whole bunch of friends.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction