“absolute highlight of our california adventure”
Review of Lasting Adventures

Lasting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures is the top rated guide service in Yosemite National Park and is a recognized 501 (c)(3) public benefit nonprofit with a mission to provide positive youth development and educational opportunities to the general public through safe outdoor experiences. We specialize in Yosemite backpacking trips, Yosemite day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Since 1997, our program has introduced thousands of youth to nature and the wilderness experience through Adventure Based Programming. Our top-rated guide service features Yosemite backpacking trips and day hikes which help fund our outdoor youth programs. By choosing Lasting Adventures for your next Yosemite backpacking or hiking adventure, not only do you get our competitive rates, experienced and credentialed guides, all meals, and equipment, but also the satisfaction of knowing that all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our cause of helping more youth benefit from our outdoor summer camps in Yosemite.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family (husband, 20 yr old son, 18 yr old daughter, and I) visited Yosemite for the first time ever. Where do you begin? Coming from the suburbs of Chicago, our ideas of "elevation" and "wilderness" were meaningless, yet we wanted to explore the great outdoors... and live to tell about it! So glad we found Lasting Adventures!
To begin with, we have some mobility issues and did not want to push it so we scheduled a Valley Hike through Scott. John was our guide and after meeting us and hearing what we were looking for, he led us on a hike around Mirror Lake. That was the PERFECT hike for us. As we took in the beauty, we appreciated not only the route, but also the knowledge that John shared with us. It was so much better than reading about this stuff in a book and trying to figure it out ourselves. The hike was wonderful but the kids were eager for another hike the next day (I was not so confident). As we talked with John, we decided to go for the Glacier Point-Panorama-Mist Trail hike. Scott was great about scheduling that on a short notice and John was AWESOME in agreeing to meet us halfway up to Glacier Point (because we were staying in Yosemite West) rather than having to drive down to the Valley and take a shuttle up.
That Panorama-Mist Trail hike was absolutely incredible... probably one of the best decisions of my life!!! I would not have ever seriously thought of doing this on my own. I am so grateful for the expertise of Lasting Adventures! Thank you for helping me cross one adventure from (yet add another to) my bucket list. See ya for the next one when we come back!!!

Date of experience: May 2014
in 7 reviews
"guide service"
"sleeping bag"
in 17 reviews
"clouds rest and half dome"
"glacier point"
"experience yosemite"
in 17 reviews
"snow creek"

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We just completed the 4 day Glacier Point to Half Dome custom trip. Our guides were Scott (the owner) and Maddie Davis. They did an excellent job. The major advantage of using a guide service is that the trip is otherwise 'stress free' as they take care of permits, routing etc. We decided very late (only weeks ago) to do a backpacking trip in Yosemite and permits would not have been possible without Lasting Adventures. With 19 years experience in the Park, Scott can walk to their office and get 'something that works'. In our case, this meant a shorter first day to Little Illouette Creek, then a strenuous second day with a summitting of Half Dome late afternoon. The result is that you are 'in the right place at the right time' to experience Yosemite without the crowds. We had all new gear (never before used) of top quality brands. Scott has a very outgoing personality and is eager to share his knowledge of the Park. Special kudos to Maddie Davis. We had an excellent group, about same fitness level. This trip requires a good level of fitness. For the other people out there that share height anxiety with me : the "cable section" at the top of Half Dome is not for the faint of heart. Overall very 'chill' Cali attitude :)

1  Thank 78world_traveler
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I just completed an eight day custom trip in Yosemite which was my 1st backpacking experience. Our 3 guides did a great job leading us through the wilderness, keeping us fed, and informing us about the park. I appreciated the encouragement and confidence they gave me while I struggled (yes, struggled) on some of the high altitude passes. Lasting Adventures supplied all of my equipment (pack, sleeping bag, pad, and tent) which was high quality and comfortable. I highly recommend Lasting Adventures as a great way to explore Yosemite, especially for first timers.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I can't say enough about how great this trip was. The guides were knowledgable and chill. Also, everywhere I looked was breathtaking because....Yosemite.