Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $90.00
from $110.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I'm a young French student and I came to Yosemite for my first time backpacking. Lasting adventure team welcomed me very friendly. The trip was really exciting : sleeping under the stars in beautiful place, watching sunset with an amazing view, swimming in clear lakes in the middle of high peaks of Yosemite, watching the wildlife without any dangers,... and the guides were wonderful : patient, friendly, informative,...
I enjoyed this trip a lot !

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank antoineSonnen
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My Yosemite experience was made special because of the interactions with the locals here. I had the fortune of being guided by Jade Wolff, whose passion for Yosemite deepened my respect for it. At the end of my tour, I began to understand a little why Yosemite is so highly esteemed. More than the physical milieu, it's the people who cherish and fight to protect it that captivated me.

Jade opened my eyes to the plants, creatures and seemingly unimportant details all around that contributed to the living wonder of the Park. She generously shared her knowledge on the flora and fauna here. I learnt much and enjoyed the natural history en route our visit to the Mariposa Grove. She was considerate and offered to take pictures for me. She had her own camera, which made me at ease to take time to photograph the place. And as she knew which angle would yield the best shots, I could emulate her camera positions.

Despite her prodigious knowledge and mufti talents, Jade's humility is disarming and endearing. She's learning and discovering nature with you, not just a one-way off-loading of info, as if we were both on an adventure to uncover some mysteries of the day. She was ever patient, gentle and cheerful in answering my questions throughout the day. It was an intriguing tour laden with gems of insights into plant and wild life. I will recommend Jade readily to all nature-lovers visiting Yosemite or Groveland.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were two families with three girls (15, 12,9) going backpacking for the first time, so we were a bit nervous about taking on a trip. We found the right company! They provided all the equipment, food, permits, etc. The three guides did a fantastic job. These young people were informative, helpful, patient, kind, and fun. We were paired with another family and they managed our different needs extraordinarly. The trip could not have been better! We had an amazing experience and look forward to going again!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My twelve year old Son and his three buddies did the one-week hike through Yosemite with Lasting Adventures. They had a blast hiking over 29 miles of this California treasure. The hiking was challenging but not exhaustive. My Son said the scenery was amazing and wished we had been there to share it with him. He said the camp food experience was good and didn't leave him hungry after meals. Lasting adventures made sure the kid's packs were stuffed appropriately with gear & food. When asked if he'd like to return next year....we got a hands down ABSOLUTELY!!!

1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lasting Adventures just provided two weeks of a transformative experience for my daughter. I/we are pleased beyond expectations. While her departing words to me were: "Why are you doing this to me?" after two 6-day loops in Yosemite I was excitedly greeted by her boasting appreciation for nature, belief in her self and reinvigorated attitude about making new friends and building community. Scott and his guides have a great sense of how to introduce the kids to backpacking and to gently push them to take on greater challenges.

For a not-yet 14-year old to say about Lasting Adventures that "This is a great organization" resonates strongly. At best, I was hoping for my daughter to find the High Sierras a beautiful place to be and to acquire a few skills in self-sufficiency. A deeper sense of self-confidence, descriptions of the beautiful lakes and waterfalls and the arduous climb to see the sunrise from Half Dome tell me that this experience will stay with her a lifetime. AND, she wants to come back next year for more. Hallelujah, kudos and many thanks!

3  Thank RebelParent