“Incredibly Positive (teen) Summer Experience!”
Review of Lasting Adventures

Lasting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures is the top rated guide service in Yosemite National Park and is a recognized 501 (c)(3) public benefit nonprofit with a mission to provide positive youth development and educational opportunities to the general public through safe outdoor experiences. We specialize in Yosemite backpacking trips, Yosemite day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Since 1997, our program has introduced thousands of youth to nature and the wilderness experience through Adventure Based Programming. Our top-rated guide service features Yosemite backpacking trips and day hikes which help fund our outdoor youth programs. By choosing Lasting Adventures for your next Yosemite backpacking or hiking adventure, not only do you get our competitive rates, experienced and credentialed guides, all meals, and equipment, but also the satisfaction of knowing that all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our cause of helping more youth benefit from our outdoor summer camps in Yosemite.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lasting Adventures just provided two weeks of a transformative experience for my daughter. I/we are pleased beyond expectations. While her departing words to me were: "Why are you doing this to me?" after two 6-day loops in Yosemite I was excitedly greeted by her boasting appreciation for nature, belief in her self and reinvigorated attitude about making new friends and building community. Scott and his guides have a great sense of how to introduce the kids to backpacking and to gently push them to take on greater challenges.

For a not-yet 14-year old to say about Lasting Adventures that "This is a great organization" resonates strongly. At best, I was hoping for my daughter to find the High Sierras a beautiful place to be and to acquire a few skills in self-sufficiency. A deeper sense of self-confidence, descriptions of the beautiful lakes and waterfalls and the arduous climb to see the sunrise from Half Dome tell me that this experience will stay with her a lifetime. AND, she wants to come back next year for more. Hallelujah, kudos and many thanks!

3  Thank RebelParent
in 7 reviews
"guide service"
"sleeping bag"
in 17 reviews
"clouds rest and half dome"
"glacier point"
"experience yosemite"
in 17 reviews
"snow creek"

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We chose to do the glacier point, falls and mist trail hike. Our guide was John who was very knowledgeable and a great guide. We had a great day, saw a rattlesnake and experienced a dramatic thunderstorm, we took it all in our stride and had a thoroughly enjoyable but tiring hike. Loved every minute of it and got some fantastic photos. I would recommend using this company.

1  Thank mbl0we
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We booked a hike for the day of half dome and mist trails. This was one of the highlights during our road trip of California. John our guide was very knowledgable and helpful throughout the hike. The day was fantastic we started with great sunshine and halfway through came across a rattle snake, which thankful continued on its journey for us. Some great pictures and views during this hike. We even had thunder and lighting and Harvey rain which being from UK was never an issue, as it happens a lot. The hike took around 8-9 hours and when we return will use lasting adventures for another hike.

4  Thank lowieEngland
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hi Scott and entire Lasting Adventures Crew - This is an update from my last review “Lasting Adventures - 2 week teen trip” Reviewed July 28, 2013. Our family has gone on a total of 4 trips so far with Scott and his team. In late spring of 2014 my daughter's 7th grade class had the opportunity to go on a trip with LA. As a school staff member, I was asked to be one of the onsite faculty, so of course I jumped at the chance! I had been envious of my son's experiences and was more than exited to spend a week in Yosemite. As one of the people responsible for the learners from our school, I got to see some of the decision making processes during the trip. I have to emphasize that Scott and all of this team make sure that campers safety is a priority at all times. Our itinerary was adjusted based on weather and trail conditions while balancing the learners opportunities to make sure they had a wide variety of experiences and a positive trip. Currently, my son is in the process of getting ready for his third trip with LA:-)

Date of experience: May 2014