“Awesome Family Trip”
Review of Lasting Adventures

Lasting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures is the top rated guide service in Yosemite National Park and is a recognized 501 (c)(3) public benefit nonprofit with a mission to provide positive youth development and educational opportunities to the general public through safe outdoor experiences. We specialize in Yosemite backpacking trips, Yosemite day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Since 1997, our program has introduced thousands of youth to nature and the wilderness experience through Adventure Based Programming. Our top-rated guide service features Yosemite backpacking trips and day hikes which help fund our outdoor youth programs. By choosing Lasting Adventures for your next Yosemite backpacking or hiking adventure, not only do you get our competitive rates, experienced and credentialed guides, all meals, and equipment, but also the satisfaction of knowing that all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our cause of helping more youth benefit from our outdoor summer camps in Yosemite.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I took our adult children and small grandson on vacation to Yosemite. Just prior to leaving for vacation, I he knee surgery. We were going to go to Yosemite and "wing it." But, saw tho company on Trip Advisors and decided to check it out. Right from the firt call Scott was on top of everything. I explained my limitations, a three-year-old, a 50 year old, and eight people between 20 - 33. Right away Scott had ideas and suggested activities for all of us to enjoy. Scott and Sam stayed with our group, both front and back, making sure we were all okay. Sam probably hiked three times the amount of everyone else as he circled the group to insure everyone's safety. I just can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was to find this company was as good as all the comments declared. Keep up the great work Scott & Sam!!!!!!!

Date of experience: May 2014
in 7 reviews
"guide service"
"sleeping bag"
in 17 reviews
"clouds rest and half dome"
"glacier point"
"experience yosemite"
in 17 reviews
"snow creek"

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Caring guide, there for the experience-not for the fee. Walked at our pace and physically helped at any point of potentially hurting ourselves on the Panaroma Trek - and there were PLENTY of those - and even helped Trekkers going the other way. knew a ton of stuff about everything along the way- he personally scaled half dome over 100 times. We had 2 full days with these guys and they were totally professional - 100% chance to signing up with them on our next visit. Well worth the modest price.

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank Jimp2459
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I visited Yosemite and booked a trip with Lasting Adventures. The experience was more than awesome. We were the only two registered for the day, we had a great time. Tim was our guide and he had so many stories to tell and so much to show us. We moved at a reasonable pace, we got to eat lunch by a waterfall, he filtered water for us and kept offering us snacks. I am not a big "nature/hike" person and before this one, have done only one hike, but I enjoyed it. Tim made it interesting, he was very attentive and knowledgeable. I have to say that the Mist Trail was not easy for me but with Tim to guide us I made it and I was proud of myself. I would definitely recommend them and they are non profit. Absolutely fantastic time!

Date of experience: July 2013
4  Thank RandJ0130
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A great experience - very responsive during the booking process and able to accommodate me with a late arrival.

Since I was travelling outside peak season and only had limited time they were able to tailor a trip to suit and at a very reasonable price.

John was my guide and he was good company on the trail and very helpful - planning out a great hike through Yosemite with well-timed (and great) places to camp at along the way. Equipment they provided was good quality and the food was great as well.

Date of experience: September 2013