“"3 Summits, 3 Sunsets"...and 1 incredible journey”
Review of Lasting Adventures

Lasting Adventures
Book In Advance
Yosemite Valley Winter Tour
Giant Sequoia Grove Hike or Snowshoe
Snowshoeing Adventure to Badger Pass and Dewey Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures is the top rated guide service in Yosemite National Park and is a recognized 501 (c)(3) public benefit nonprofit with a mission to provide positive youth development and educational opportunities to the general public through safe outdoor experiences. We specialize in Yosemite backpacking trips, Yosemite day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Since 1997, our program has introduced thousands of youth to nature and the wilderness experience through Adventure Based Programming. Our top-rated guide service features Yosemite backpacking trips and day hikes which help fund our outdoor youth programs. By choosing Lasting Adventures for your next Yosemite backpacking or hiking adventure, not only do you get our competitive rates, experienced and credentialed guides, all meals, and equipment, but also the satisfaction of knowing that all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our cause of helping more youth benefit from our outdoor summer camps in Yosemite.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter and I had an EXCELLENT adventure with this tour! We saw the most amazing sights, we are still overwhelmed with how far we actually backpacked in just 4 days, and we can't wait to come back and do another adventure with this amazing group of people! Our guides were excellent, a big shout out to Braden, Scott, John and Austin. Austin got me up Half Dome, and John got me down, without them, I think I might still be stuck on those cables! What a fantastic experience, lots of wonderful memories, highly recommended!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family (three adults and two nine year olds) took a 7.5 mile hike with Lasting Adventures at Yosemite in late July 2013. Our guides, Camber and Rory, were terrific. They were personable, friendly and very knowledgeable about the park, our hike and the flora and fauna. Two of us were slower walkers, and Camber and Rory split up so that the faster hikers had one guide and the slower walkers the other. We really appreciated their patience. We hiked from the Glacier Point parking lot to Sentinel Dome and Taft Point. Amazing views! I would highly recommend Lasting Adventures!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Out guides were great, Sam, cambra and Rory were personable, knowledgeable, and smart. You've got to be in very good shape to do the climb as it can be super strenuous. Guides were encouraging and funny. I would had turned around at sub dome had I done this by myself...the view from the top is just majestic....

1  Thank Aron C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just got back from sending our son (6th grade) and his buddies. Five days four nights 20+ miles of hiking. Rained everyday, caught fish, and they created a lifetime of memories. They raved about the animals, food, fun, and GREAT guides Sam, Trevor and Colin. I was a little apprehensive about sending a 11 yr old even though all the boys live in Truckee and are used to mountains, camping and being outdoors. Sam and the guides help make a lifetime of memories for our boys kudos to them. The four are recruiting friends for 2014!!! Great preseason work out right before football also.

1  Thank charles s
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My son just got back from 2 weeks with Lasting Adventures. The trip was actually back to back 1 week trips with a layover day in Tuolumne Meadows. Both weeks had completely different routes, including Half Dome and Clouds Rest, so he got to see many parts of the back country. The other backpackers ranged in age from 11-18. Yet this type of trip attracts people with similar interests, so the age range didn't matter. He met some really great people form all over the world that he plans on staying in contact with. The trip was well organized, the food was good, the leaders were extremely knowledgeable and engaged all of the kids. He is already talking about next year. This trip is highly recommended for adventurous souls!

1  Thank pleinair47