Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $110.00
from $90.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our son went on a week's summer camp a few weeks ago with Scott's team. He had the time of his life! He learned so much and seemed so much more confident about himself. It was a terrific experience. There was one camper who had an injury. Scott's team took excellent care of her and were very kind and supportive. We will be sending both our sons to Scott next summer.

2  Thank nandini320
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friend and I sent our daughters backpacking with Lasting Adventures a few weeks ago, and well, they delivered! We didn't know much at all about LA, so we had to trust the information we found on the website and by phone calls. I was very nervous to send my kid into the WILD - with someone I didn't know! It turns out he girls had the time of their lives! A great tour, led by a great team under the leadership of Scott Gehrman. The kids managed a rain storm and mosquitoes, made lasting friendships, and built a stronger bond with one another. My daughter came home with something new... appreciation, awareness, calmness.... something "awesome" - something I can't quite put my finger on. I am looking forward to booking our next trip with the utmost confidence in Lasting Adventures next year, if not sooner!

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank Cathie W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our Fourth of July vacation. We spent it with Lasting Adventures on one of their custom trips that their Director Scott had put together for us. He recommended going upto May Lake for the night and what a delight it was. My wife whom had never backpacked before had such a wonderful time. LA had outfitted her with very high end gear that made for a comfortable hike and warm night. They cooked us dinner on top of a ridge that overlooked what seemed like the entire Sierra Nevada mountain range. The food was amazing and with the sunset, it made for a truly unforgettable experience.

Cannot express how convenient it was utilizing a guiding service as they took care of all the "busy" work that would have taken time and caused stress to plan. ie the gear, permits, and food.
All we had to do was drive up there and go!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second summer with Lasting Adventures, Inc. in Yosemite National Park. Both of my children attended their Youth Summer Program, while I was on a custom trip with the amazing Director of Lasting Adventures, Inc. I've never been happier. My girls were in a rain storm for two days and while I was concerned, THEY LOVED IT! I was particularly fond of the excellent customer service that Scott Gehrman provided. My blood sugar dropped one morning and he assisted me without question. I am a huge fan of this non-profit company and hope that everyone in their lives gets to experience the beauty of Yosemite with a guide service as amazing as Lasting Adventures, Inc.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lasting Adventures made our wedding dreams come true. As we began planning our Glacier Point Wedding we knew we definitely wanted to backpack and definitely wanted to conquer climbing Half Dome. We spoke with Scott before booking ,and he was great with answering all of our questions and addressed any concerns. He made sure we knew the details of the trip, how to prepare physically and what we could expect.

Because of our schedule and commitments we actually did our 4 day hike before the wedding. A pre-honeymoon if you will. Best decision ever! I can't tell you how we felt standing on Glacier Point looking out and knowing that just 2 and 3 days prior, we had climbed Clouds Rest and Half Dome. As if weddings aren't emotional enough! The days leading up to the wedding were a very special, magical, peaceful, meaningful experience that we could have NEVER accomplished on our own.

Sam and Lydia were our exclusive guides for the trip and I can't say enough about them and the passion that they have for what they do. We never worried about getting lost, or having enough water, or food...omg, the food! Heavenly! We felt like Royalty out there. They set up our tent for us, cooked for us, cleaned up, and built fires every night.

You can not go wrong with this Adventure Team! You will make memories and if you choose as we did, to accomplish unimaginable challenges, they will make it happen. When my confidence was challenged, Sam and Lydia were right there getting me back in the game.

We also had a chance to meet Scott afterwards and see a little bit of the operations of this company. The passion for the youth and what they do is just a class act!

We are looking forward to more anniversary adventures in Yosemite with Lasting Adventures, Scott, Sam, Lydia and the rest of this team!

Date of experience: June 2013