Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $110.00
from $90.00
from $140.00
from $110.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our Fourth of July vacation. We spent it with Lasting Adventures on one of their custom trips that their Director Scott had put together for us. He recommended going upto May Lake for the night and what a delight it was. My wife whom had never backpacked before had such a wonderful time. LA had outfitted her with very high end gear that made for a comfortable hike and warm night. They cooked us dinner on top of a ridge that overlooked what seemed like the entire Sierra Nevada mountain range. The food was amazing and with the sunset, it made for a truly unforgettable experience.

Cannot express how convenient it was utilizing a guiding service as they took care of all the "busy" work that would have taken time and caused stress to plan. ie the gear, permits, and food.
All we had to do was drive up there and go!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second summer with Lasting Adventures, Inc. in Yosemite National Park. Both of my children attended their Youth Summer Program, while I was on a custom trip with the amazing Director of Lasting Adventures, Inc. I've never been happier. My girls were in a rain storm for two days and while I was concerned, THEY LOVED IT! I was particularly fond of the excellent customer service that Scott Gehrman provided. My blood sugar dropped one morning and he assisted me without question. I am a huge fan of this non-profit company and hope that everyone in their lives gets to experience the beauty of Yosemite with a guide service as amazing as Lasting Adventures, Inc.

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lasting Adventures made our wedding dreams come true. As we began planning our Glacier Point Wedding we knew we definitely wanted to backpack and definitely wanted to conquer climbing Half Dome. We spoke with Scott before booking ,and he was great with answering all of our questions and addressed any concerns. He made sure we knew the details of the trip, how to prepare physically and what we could expect.

Because of our schedule and commitments we actually did our 4 day hike before the wedding. A pre-honeymoon if you will. Best decision ever! I can't tell you how we felt standing on Glacier Point looking out and knowing that just 2 and 3 days prior, we had climbed Clouds Rest and Half Dome. As if weddings aren't emotional enough! The days leading up to the wedding were a very special, magical, peaceful, meaningful experience that we could have NEVER accomplished on our own.

Sam and Lydia were our exclusive guides for the trip and I can't say enough about them and the passion that they have for what they do. We never worried about getting lost, or having enough water, or food...omg, the food! Heavenly! We felt like Royalty out there. They set up our tent for us, cooked for us, cleaned up, and built fires every night.

You can not go wrong with this Adventure Team! You will make memories and if you choose as we did, to accomplish unimaginable challenges, they will make it happen. When my confidence was challenged, Sam and Lydia were right there getting me back in the game.

We also had a chance to meet Scott afterwards and see a little bit of the operations of this company. The passion for the youth and what they do is just a class act!

We are looking forward to more anniversary adventures in Yosemite with Lasting Adventures, Scott, Sam, Lydia and the rest of this team!

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We did the day hike, from Glacier point down Panorama view & mist trail, Tim was our guide, he was amazing, great guy very informative, excellent service, the hike is stunning & made all the better by having a knowledgable, enthusiastic guide, we went at a great pace & got the opportunity to take loads of pictures, we are planning to go back next year & do half dome, you will not regret booking with this not for profit company, thank you so much for such a fantastic day.

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank misspickles
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My daughter and I took the 4 day backpacking hike with a young British couple and our guide, Mike. I'm in my 50s, and I hiked to many places before, even trekked in the Himalayas. That Half Dome was a real thriller to me! Having said that, we made it - we climbed Cloud's Rest in the morning, and Half Dome late afternoon in one day! We arrived the camp site at 9 pm that evening, trekking through the forest and bumped into 2 deers hunting for supper! What an an everlasting experience...... I thoroughly enjoyed the hike, the scenery is beautiful, and the people and the guide were wonderful and friendly. The only thing I missed was a full moon. I will synchronize it by checking the Full Moon Calendar when I plan my next backpacking trip with Lasting Adventures.

Date of experience: September 2012