Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $110.00
from $90.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had the brilliant idea of taking my daughter up Half Dome for her thirteenth birthday. It was not until I met Scott at a PTA Convention in CA and booked our 5-day backpacking Lasting Adventure, that I knew this idea, truly was a brilliant one! I gave my daughter the gift of "hard work pays off". Skylar and I spent three months training for our adventure. I had no idea how close the process would bring us together. The trip was nothing less than, perfect. Scott and Braden had their hands full with our fun group...five women, which called out, "Caw! Caw!" whenever we had the chance, not to mention the endless "girl" conversations around the campfires. We all had a story to share and Scott and Braden's continued patience and encouragement, made the trip seem therapeutic. Each of us discovered we could do what we set out to do. To actually, finish what we started! Now, my thirteen year old has a sense of accomplishment as she heads into her final year of middle school. No essay, or girl or boy will be able to intimidate her or rob her of her spirit. This Lasting Adventure helped me, help my daughter and I will be forever thankful for the gift. Thank you Scott for your belief in me…in us! In addition, thank you, Braden for your continued patience. You are both amazing!! I can't wait to do it again in four years when my nine year old turns thirteen!!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've never really been the outdoors-y type. I've never even been camping without having running water and a shower available, so why would I sign up for a 2-day backpacking trip?? I'm not even sure what convinced me to do it, but I'm 10000% glad I did! 5 gals, 2 awesome guides, and one huge rock to climb. Our guides, Scott and Braden, were awesome! They were supportive through the whole journey (many, many miles and some tears from me when I saw the Half Dome cables), they pushed us to get us to make good time (i.e. before there was too much traffic on the cables), and they gave us plenty of breaks even when we didn't realize we needed them. They are two very professional guys that know their stuff, but also were plenty of fun to be around. We packed tons of miles in our two days and all made it up to the breathtaking views on top of Half Dome. I'll definitely hit up Lasting Adventures for my next adventure!

1  Thank Leah G
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Joining Lasting Adventures to hike the trails of Yosemite was the best vacation decision I have ever made! Scott Gehrman runs a top-notch organization. His company is nonprofit, and provides backpacking experiences to students and disadvantaged youth. He also leads trips for adults and families, and these trips help to support his youth programs. The pricing for their trips is very reasonable,and It felt good to know I am supporting a great cause in addition to enjoying an AMAZING backpacking trip! I traveled with a group of other adult women and one young teen, and our guides did a great job in assisting each hiker at the level they were at, and challenging those who wanted to go for it. The food was delicious! They do an amazing job combining the dehydrated food with fresh produce. Our guides were very knowledgeable about the trails, the history of the area and points of interest, backpacking know-how, and wilderness an hiking safety. They also provided excellent preparation guidance before the trip, which gave me confidence and prepared me for the journey. I was impressed at how they assisted other hikers along the trail, and the friendly, professional relationships they have with the rangers we saw along the way. We peaked Mt. Hoffman, Sunrise Lakes, Clouds Rest and Half Dome. I couldn't have dreamed of doing this 30 mile hike myself, but it was very do-able with their guidance. I had most of my own equipment - except a tent, but many of my hike-mates used the Lasting Adventures backpacks, poles, sleeping bags, pads, tents, etc. Providing equipment is a huge plus. Our guides were fun and took very good care of us. I felt safe, learned a great deal about Yosemite, met wonderful new friends, ate like a queen, and accomplished an amazing hike that I have been dreaming about for a long time. I highly recommend this company, and have only good things to say about them! Happy trails to you all!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

being from florida, i don't know much about mountains, but lasting adventures made this experience something worth while. Scott and Brayden were wonderful guides and made sure our group got the most out of our trip. WHEN i come back again with my florida friends, we will def book our trip with Lasting Adventures!!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked the Extended Day Hike which was for the Half Dome Hike. Scott and Braden were fantastic guides. Informative, friendly, good humored, knowledgable with great stories, and most importantly patient and made us feel well taken care of. It was a long and strenuous hike but they managed to balance the performance of the group i.e. we had a good amount of breaks to take a breather, yet at the same time managed to set a speed to make sure we were able to complete the 17 miles day hike within the time given.
The view was phenomenal!
We would highly recommend them for any other groups and families for this and other types of hikes!