Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My experience with LA was a truly one of kind experience. I've been on trips with them more than once and each time I find something new to love and come back for.
Whether it be quality of service and companionship amongst Scott and they other leaders he employs or knowledge of the parks terrain, history, weather, culture, and rangers you will be hard pressed to find a better "all around" impressive guiding service.
His "Half Dome in a day" trip was much more than just an ordinary day hike. The amount of information they knew about the trail and park made for a much more personal adventure.
LA made it possible to enjoy the challenge and serenity of a truly backcountry excursion without the hassle of planning, most of the gear, and obtaining BC permits.
Definitely recommend and will continue coming each summer!

2  Thank Jansenfritz
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I purchased the "Half a Dome in a day" hiking with Lasting Adventures last Aug11. The hiking was strenuous, a bit challenging but worth every effort! Guides were very friendly and supported me all the time. I recomend this hiking and the company.
Fabio/Brazil

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of booking a guided hike with Lasting Adventures, Inc. Scott Gehrman and a junior guide took us on diffifult but very rewarding trails in Yosemite--Mist Trail to see Vernal and Nevada Falls, Panaramic Trail to Glacier Point. The total hike was 16 miles and very challenging, but one of the most unforgettable experiences we have ever had.

Scott provided very valuable historical information so we could understand the background of America's best treasures. He was very accommodating about our pace (there were times we needed breaks to catch our breath) and prepared us in advance on what to bring and what to expect.

The guided hike with non-profit Lasting Adventures was amazing and very worth it.

Date of experience: October 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Lasting Adventures delivered a truly exceptional outdoor experience. While originally contracted for access to half dome passes, Scott and his staff offered so much more. Their expertise, motivation, and customer focus are second to none. I would recommend Lasting Adventures to anyone planning a hike in Yosemite.

Date of experience: August 2011
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We came to Yosemite without a specific plan and were suddenly overwhelmed by the vastness of the park - and our inability to choose a particular trail.
Luckily - we ran into Scott at a visitor center where he spent almost an hour discussing options with us until we settled on a hike - which turned out spectacular (Toloume Meadows overnight hike to Ireland Lake).
He has an genuine passion for the park and you can tell that he is more interested in making sure that you [total stranger] have a meaningful and monumental experience than he is in making money.
I know my adventure will be everlasting - thanks!

Date of experience: September 2011