Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lasting Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lasting Adventures
from $110.00
from $90.00
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip day hike summer camp awesome guide packing list camp food guide service sleeping bag clouds rest and half dome glacier point back packing amazing trip great company guided hike recommend this trip experience yosemite snow creek
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We (me and my 3 adult kids) arranged with Lasting Adventures to hike Half Dome. I couldn't get permits for the days we were in Yosemite and figured the cost of a guided hike would be worth getting up Half Dome. I went with Lasting Adventures since they claimed to be the only not for profit guide service in Yosemite, It turned out the Half Dome cables were still not up due to the heavy snow pack so we went for an alternative hike. I emailed back and forth with Scott (the owner) several times and we decided to do the Mist trail (Vernal and Nevada Falls) to the Panorama trail to Glacier Point and then down the 4 Mile trail. He was great in letting up pick what we wanted to do. We met at Curry Village early and started out. It turned out Scott was our guide and he had with him another hiker. In talking to him it turns out that L.A. runs summer young outdoor programs in Yosemite and the Not For Profit part was that any profits from guided hikes like ours are plowed back into youth scholarships. This I liked a lot (I’m very involved with the Boy Scouts) and it made me even happier I chose L.A. The other hiker he had with him was training to be a junior leader in his program.

Well the hike turned out great! We couldn’t complete the 4 Mile trail segment (it was also closed due to snow and ice) but we still have a fantastic time. Scott was very knowledgeable about the park and quite a good story teller. He had lots of information about the geological formations that we wouldn’t have gotten if we hiked alone and we spent a good amount of time swapping hiking stories. Man….does he have a lot!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Lasting Adventures if you’re looking for a good, high quality hiking experience. I understand they do multi-day backpacking and after speaking for HOURS with Scott I know he knows his stuff.

Finally, we had a great time after the hike over beers and pizza at Curry Village.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My daughter has been attending the Lasting Adventure trips since middle school. She has learned to appreciate and enjoy the outdoors. The experience has taught her to preserver through hardships and overcome fears. Her motto when she is out is "Leave no trace." After 4 years of trips with Lasting Adventures, she requested to assist a group as a jr. leader. One of her life goals is to pass on her love for the outdoors to others and to have others live by her motto.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I signed up for Lasting Adventures because they had an extra permit for Half dome that I wanted. Never got to climb half dome because snow prevented the cables from being put up, but still did a hike with Lasting Adventures.

I was solo, so it was just cool to hike with other people. Our guide Scott was a good guide and super nice guy who escorted us on a great day hike.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Due to the snow remaining on Half Dome, our group opted to hike the John Muir Trail up to Glacier Point! It was an epic hike that lasted all of 12 hours. We enjoyed 18 miles (and 5,600 ft of elevation) of unmatched scenery, perfect weather and the commraderie of each other. The highlight was reaching Glacier Point and taking in the 360 degree view of the Yosemite Valley, all of the falls, Half Dome, etc. Mr. Half Dome provided an amazing narrative about the area and Half Dome in particular. Claire was a super supportive guide and ensured we were all hydrating and feeling good. I'd highly recommend Lasting Adventures to other travelers hoping to explore Yosemite in a safe and supported way.

Date of experience: May 2011
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Not for the faint of heart, but a true adventure for those who want to do something that not many others do! Its a challenging climb, but totally worth it when the panoramic views of the beautiful Yosemite valley open up below you. You know have arrived!

Date of experience: September 2010