“Great views, very different from the Valley”
Review of Tuolumne Meadows

Tuolumne Meadows
Book In Advance
More Info
$180.00*
and up
Small-Group Tour of Yosemite from Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Owner description: A good place for hiking to get away from the crowds.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you’re planning a trip to Yosemite make sure to take a day out of the Valley to see this amazing part of the park that not nearly enough people visit.
We were taking the day easy so we mostly drove but we got out a little & walked to the soda springs which is an easy short walk with great views of the meadows & surrounding meadows.

We had only planned on driving from the Valley Floor and stopping at Tuolumne Meadows but after stopping in the Visitors Center they convinced us to drive all the way to Lee Vining to see some amazing views and we’re glad we did! The drive was so pretty I can’t imagine had we stopped in the Meadows, we would have missed out on so much!

1  Thank BrussoDallas
in 7 reviews
"parking lot"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Need to see the meadows for sure. Idyllic, peaceful postcard pics from here. Off the beaten path (i.e. the Valley)

1  Thank divakeys
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Well worth the drive! I have a fear of heights so my husband drove. You are very close to the edge, or at least it feels like you are. The temperature does drop up there, but it is well worth the views. Make sure you get out to hike!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

To me, this is the prettiest area in the park. Flowing meadow with streams meandering throughout. Very peaceful. On the east side of the meadows is a small pullout/parking area that has a meadow with scattered trees throughout and a winding river running throughout. This is a great walk on the bank of the river. Calm enough in places to dip your feet but swift enough in places to grasp the power of the moving water. Less crowded and snow capped peaks in background distance makes for one of the prettiest places in the park.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The High Sierra fishing experience is only enhanced by the High Sierra "Resort" at Tuolumne Meadows. Stay in a great tent cabin, meet nice people at various "home cooked" meals and catch some great trout... just bring your water shoes and be ready for cold feet. I fly fished two days. I walked up the river a few miles on the JMT and fished back to the Meadows. My success was really due to the trial and error method of picking a good nymph. Once I found a good combination of colors, (gold, red with some white-I won't name the fly that would be too easy for you), I started in catching nice little Brookies and Cutthroats. In fact I lost count. I haven't kept a trout in over 40 years and hereby make that pitch to you... let go. I remember when I was a kid first learning to fish, the most fun was catching the fish. It still is. Enjoy the place, the company and the fishing.

2  Thank Ken W