Alright, seriously I was extremely worried about our reservations having read the reviews on this site. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and learned not to believe everything I read on the internet. ;)
The hotel lobby, great room, and bar are all amazing. Truly. The hotel has that old, charming feel (reminded me a lot of the Hotel Del Coronado).
We made our reservations 8 months in advance for our weekend. We checked in early, but were told our room was not quite ready. However, we were told our room number so we decided to see where we'd be. We found the room was right by the elevators. Concerned this would be noisy, we returned to the front desk and politely explained. The girl behind the counter was very polite and found another room that was available. This one was much quieter and had a better view.
Our room was gorgeous and very clean. The bathroom, which I had been concerned about after reading here, was spotless and was stocked with everything you might need or have forgotten. The king sized bed was super comfortable.
The walls are paper thin though. Fortunately we had quiet neighbors.
Thinking back on it now, each interaction with a staff member was truly a positive experience. Kudos for their customer service!
In fact, my only complaint with the whole experience is with the other patrons and day-visitors of the hotel letting their rude children run around like it was Disneyland. Seriously, folks, this hotel is not cheap, and it can quickly ruin a vacation for others when your child is out of control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park