We stay at the Ahwahnee every year for just one night, always off-season, so we can get the lowest rate. Breakfast buffet for two has always come with our room, otherwise it is ridiculously expensive. Staff in the hotel are friendly. Dining room staff are the same every year and I think they should all be replaced for an attitude adjustment. The hotel serves tea and cookies to the hotel guests at 4:00 each day in the lounge. Coffee and tea are served in the morning on the 2nd floor indoor balcony. You don't have to be a guest to have some coffee. There is a nice outdoor patio where you can have cocktails or order an appetizer. As far as rooms go, I prefer the cottages to the actual hotel. The hotel rooms are small and basic, not much on views. The cottages have great views of the forest if you don't mind people walking by looking in at you. If you want to eat in the over-priced dining room, make a reservation or else show-up when the dining room opens for early seating. It is a beautiful, historic hotel so go have a look even if you are going to stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park