I've stayed at the Ahwahnee four times since 1995, have dined there many times and even been lucky during the days of Bracebridge lottery to win a primo date and dinner seating along with lodging. In 2006, my husband and I renewed our vows on the lawn and had a dinner party for 30 people in the mural room. The Ahwahnee has maintained her superiority over many of the National Park Lodges and is neck-in-neck with Yellowstone grand dame the Old Faithful Inn. I've never stayed in the main hotel rooms, those family and friends have and I've seen the rooms - on the small side. We've always preferred to stay in the cottages. Bring a flashlight - its dark walking on the path even there though it is lit (assuming a time of year other than June, July, August). There are two cottages with fireplaces that are large rooms and the fireplace .... well I could walk in it and I'm 5' tall; #714 and #719 --- there the secret is out! And they have the largest flagstone patio. Very nice for privacy and pure seclusion. I also love the pool at the Ahwahnee and the bar service for it too. My only criticism is that the price for rooms has more than quadrupled over the 19 years - it's the most expensive than all of the other national park lodges and I don't understand why such a drastic increase in comparison. I've stayed at the Ahwahnee in November, December, June/July and September. Every month was spectacular. The service personnel have been with them for decades and well worth your time to chat with them....many live down valley and have lots of local forklore to tell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park