The Ahwahnee is the best place to stay in Yosemite Park, but it is not a resort hotel. It is charming (and expensive) because of its location in one of the best, if not the best, National Park. The rooms are small and worn as other contributors have noted, but where else can you wake up and walk outside to a view of Half Dome and El Captain? The restaurant food is very good, especially given the fact that the kitchen staff and servers generally live in the Park and all food in trucked in - the chef is not going to the local farmers markets to get inspired! Those who visit with an understanding of what the Ahwahnee is - and is not - will not be disappointed. If you want a less expensive option, go to Yosemite Lodge. But there you are not staying in a piece of history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park