We had looked forward to our 1st trip to Yosemite for months. We (thought) we had booked the Ahwanee for 4 nights this past July. When we cancelled our 1st night on-line we mistakenly did not get a confirmation email( most probably our fault). So when we showed up to begin on our new 1st night we were told that they tried to call us at home(if we were on vacation would we be home???) so they gave our room away AND that they were comletely sold out (as well as the Lodge). They did help us find a room outside of the park (a 45 minute drive). This was done after we had a birthday dinner for my wife in the main dining rm(a reservation that was still on their books) While I completely understand that they attempted to reach us, I'm confused, if all other correspondences were confirmed by email ( a point driven home by the staff) why did they not try and reach us by email. This miscommunication would have never happened. I think their policies should change. They did get us into a room at the lodge the 2nd nt and into the Ahwanee the 3rd and last. But we were without a room from 11am(check out) to 4pm(check in) every day! The General Manager was very nice and helped the best he could and let us use our deposit, but our log awaited Yosemite trip was very stressful.
Our room was nice, the location can't be beat and the food in the main dining room (the room itself is impressive)was good/great.
Having said all that the park was spectacular. Hiking trails were somewhat crowded but we were in the busy time of year. Had we not been such a problem with our reservations this would have earned 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park