I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to coming here. The Hotel is set in the most amazing grounds, and we were put into a suite on the 6th floor- apparently because we were three people. So we were in a bedroom with an adjoining library ( yes, library) with photos of the original owner and his wife. It was a bit like staying in a museum for the night! So my daughter needed a bed organising in the library, the reception said someone would come up and arrange this, I asked could they come when we were at dinner. Unfortunately they did not come, and we ended up with a grumpy guy stomping around making up the bed at around 11 pm. As to dinner, I had been planning my outfit for months! They make a big fuss about clothing, ladies must wear skirts, dresses or long pants, no jeans or shorts. So, I pressed my daughter into also wearing smart clothes, and she looked so lovely! When we got to that historic and beautiful dining room, my daughter was horrified to discover there were people wearing fleeces, and looking very casual! She shot dagger looks at me all evening. But there were people there dressed up. The food, unfortunately, was not up to our efforts.....
It was very average food, roast beef with absolutely no jus, gravy, call it what you want. Vegetables were shameful. It really was a big disappointment. Breakfast, however, was good, with eggs benedict at the buffet, and a good choice of other breakfast goodies. We were served by Dave, who was obviously a national monument.
The location was amazing, and we spent the morning just wandering around the spectacular grounds. The elevator is really, really spooky.
Dear Ahwahnee, you have an amazing and wonderful hotel. Please try and improve the dining facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park