The hotel common areas are simply beautiful. The dining room is gorgeous, with incredibly high ceilings with amazing wooden beams, and gorgeous windows overlooking majestic redwood trees. The food is fabulous. The salads and the burgers were great at lunch. The filet was delicious for dinner. The service was friendly and attentive. There is a wonderful, huge, beautiful room where they serve hotel guests complimentary tea and cookies. So nice! The only negative was the room itself. Although it was large, it was also dated, drab, dark and tired. At a minimum, they could improve the feel of the room by changing the dirty, stained, dated, dreary lamp shades, if not by adding a fresh coat of paint in a brighter color. Notwithstanding the room decor, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park