We spent three nights at the Ahwahnee. It has its charm if not value, and hiking down the Panorama Trail was memorable. The Ahwahnee was supposed to be the highlight of our trip to California to celebrate 30 years of employment and a birthday. However, our stay in Yosemite was almost ruined by the old school condescending maitre d’ staff in the dining room. We called to complain to higher management and this led to the matter being resolved. Let higher management know if you get treated poorly or experience a lack of hospitality, for dining operations appear to be under scrutiny. We stayed in many hotels throughout California and would like to give shoutouts to the Omni in San Francisco (exceptional professionalism) and the Spanish Garden Inn in Santa Barbara (handsdown our favourite). Dining worth mentioning were Redd in Napa (superb), the Edgewater in South Lake Tahoe (gorgeous sunsets), and for the more adventurous the Golden Era in San Francisco which is in the Tenderloin, so keep the bling at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park