We stayed three nights in the Ahwahnee cottages in mid May. The rooms were quite big, very private and very rustic! Our 'backyard' was the most beautiful setting in the woods right by the river. Each evening we sat out and had a glass of wine enjoying the view. This was our first visit to the park and we were truly in awe of the sights. The staff at the hotel were extremely nice...we ate at the bar in the hotel for two nights. It was a limited menu, but fine. We ate in the main restaurant on the last night. I have to say, they need Gordon Ramsey to come in and set things right. The food was poor to fair. I felt sorry for the wait staff. With the beautiful setting it is a shame to see this happen. I definitely don't feel it is worth the high prices that they charge. I think they get away with it because it is the only 'fancy' place in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park