I've traveled the world and stayed at national sites in many countries. As an American, it's embarrassing that such a US national treasure as Yosemite considers the Ahwahnee hotel a luxury hotel. It is far from it. Service is very basic. Restaurant feels like a large dining hall. food is so so. Rooms need to be renovated and are equivalent to a motel 6 -no coffee pots in rooms, no gym in hotel, beautiful fireplaces but no fires, nothing is inviting including the staff. Staff is very disconnected and unhelpful and treat you as a nuisance. The hotel has such potential, but I would not recommend it at all. Go in for a drink if you feel the need to see the hotel, then carry on.
You are paying for location ONLY and at $500/night it is not THAT scenic. it's worth staying at a luxury hotel outside the park and driving in daily. When you pay your $20 entry fee, you are able to go and out for 7 days anyway. Don't waste your money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park