Beautiful setting in a majestic location, how can you go wrong? Drove in for a 2 day stay from the north bay area with spectacularly clear vistas so photographs were absolutely splendid all the way into the valley. The Ahwahnee is the perfect hotel in the most awesome of locations. Soaring ceiling heights resplendant with carved wood in the interior give way to awe inspiring views of the exterior as sheer granite walls surround the former front of the hotel. Everything about the hotel is comforting and charmingly classic. If you have the time, sign up @ the front desk/concierge desk for the historical tour. It will certainly enlighten you, especially if you consider the manpower and time it took to construct such a grand lady.
If you go in the late winter/early spring, don't forget to bring chains. It snowed for our drive out. (More great pix!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park