Those who criticize The Ahwahnee for being old don't understand the historical importance of this place and worse, they don't enjoy the opportunity to experience the wonderful charm that is in every corner of this iconic property.
Visiting Yosemite National Park is an unique experience but staying at The Ahwahnee adds an extra layer of magic. The lobby and the common areas are kept like they were once this place opened in the 1920's. The rooms were updated and they have flat screen TV, nice amenities, wifi and beautiful views.
The service is outstanding. Every one we talked to was very helpful and pleasant.
The restaurant is pricey, but it is a memorable experience.
Overall, if you can afford it, this is the place to be when visiting Yosemite. Let yourself go back in time an experience an era long gone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park