If the Awhannee were anywhere but at the crown jewel of national parks it would be just ok. It is wildly overpriced. It is a fine old hotel, ragged around the edges, needs updating and upgrading and anywhere else it would be a weak 3 star hotel. The halls are dirty, the food is awful and very over priced, with amateur waitstaff. The lobby is pretty with old uncomfortable furniture, and the service over all is not very good. We had to ask them to light the fire in their flagship fireplace..and they did, but it took about an hour. This is where they advertise "cocktails by the roaring fire." All in all an ok hotel that is so expensive that it has to lead to exorbitant expectations.
That being said, it is in the most magnificent setting ever! There are other overnight locations in the park but most are booked months in advance. We booked here quite late and it was available due to the hefty price tag no doubt.
So, start saving, and lower your expectations and enjoy the most spectacular park in the USA !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park