The Majestic Yosemite Hotel
White Wolf Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
Cozy Bear Cottages(Yosemite National Park)
TripAdvisor
Housekeeping Camp(Yosemite National Park)
TripAdvisor
2,791 results
All reviewsdining roomclassic roommezzanine levelthe cottagesgreat loungepublic roomsdress codebucket listbracebridge dinnerdinner reservationsonce in a lifetimethe main hotelcommon areasfour seasonsview of half domecorner roomhotel guests
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have camped for years in Yosemite with our kids, but this was the first time my husband and I went alone. For our anniversary we booked a long weekend at the Ahwahnee and had the best vacation/anniversary we could imagine. The staff was extremely accomodating and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We had a corner room with a view of Yosemite Falls out one window and Half Dome out the other. The room was clean, bed was large and comfortable and we slept well. We had dinner in the dining room on two of the nights and were treated to the most romantic piano music and excellent service by Dave, our waiter, who surprised us with a "Happy Anniversary" dessert. Dinner is pricey and the dress code is strict but SO worth it! Chef Bob is a genius! Be sure and do the historic hotel tour while you are there. It's free and very interesting. Faith was our tourguide and she was great. Also, you must have afternoon tea at least once, it is served free with homemade cookies every afternoon. There is a free shuttle bus service right outside the front door to most places in the Valley, but we found the Ahwhanee location to be very walkable and chose to walk most of the time. There were deer grazing and we even saw a bobcat one morning. Picturesque, peaceful, perfect for a relaxing get-away. It is expensive, but both my husband and I felt it was definitely worth the price for this little bit of heaven!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FunFamilyFV
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just came back from two nights at the Ahwahnee and I couldn't say enough great things about this beautiful hotel. We took our two kids who enjoyed the pool, tea time at 4pm, hiking and hanging out. What a spectacular setting!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank coorstown
Reviewed March 29, 2013

All I have to say is, why would anyway stay anywhere else!!!!!!!
I stayed here in March with my husband and 2 teenage sons and where very welcomed by the staff at the Ahwahnee. This hotel has the most amazing views of Yosemite, and the building is just beautiful with its high ceilings, large meeting areas and cosy fireplaces.
Absolutely loved this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tiana72
GnrlMgr, General Manager at The Majestic Yosemite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Good afternoon Tiana72,

I am so happy to read that you wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Yosemite. The Ahwahnee was indeed constructed in just the right spot to to afford views of Yosemite's most iconic sights. This location was the home of the old Kennyville Stables. You see, stable operations are a big part of Yosemite's past as the valley was used as grazing grounds for livestock for many years. Now guests staying with us can see Half Dome, Glacier Point, Yosemite Falls, or the Royal Arches depending on the room they might be occupying. I am also happy to hear that you felt very welcomed by the staff. We are very honored to be able to carry on that tradition set nearly 86 years ago.

Warm regards,

Brett Archer, General Manager
The Ahwahnee

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just got back from the Ahwahnee where we found a wonderful, well run, nicely maintained hotel with a friendly staff. The hotel lives up to its spectacular location in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. The Ahwahnee sits in the park surrounded by forest between Yosemite Falls and Half Dome. We’d dreamed for many years of enjoying the luxury of the Ahwahnee and when we got there it turned out to be even better than we had imagined. I was put off by some of the negative reviews found on this site, but we had wanted to go to the Ahwahnee for many years, so we went anyway. I’m sure glad we did. Now, I’m kind of suspicious that some of these negative reviewers might be trying to keep this awesome place to themselves. Giant fireplaces that you could stand up inside of if they didn’t keep them lit. Huge rooms, high ceilings in the public areas with comfortable furniture. Rooms off to the side and up the stairs and around corners that are quiet and cozy. I’ve visited castles and mansions turned into museums where I wished I could spend the night. Staying at the Ahwahnee is like living that fantasy. The staff was kind and helpful and responded to my every request. The front desk, the bell hops, the housekeeping, room service and the store clerks could not have been more accommodating. Making sure I was taken care of and happy was their goal. Our room was comfortable. Everything was clean. Spotless. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. The Ahwahnee is a rare jewel in a vintage setting. People who prefer cookie-cutter hotels with shiny glass and chrome might not appreciate this hotel’s unique ambiance, but I sure did. Thank you Brett Archer for keeping this national treasure up to such high standards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank INFJ

Good afternon INFJ,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am so happy that you had such a great time with us. You are correct in saying that The Ahwahnee is not a "cookie-cutter" hotel; they don't build them like this anymore. I will be sure to share all your kudos with the staff; they are truly the ones that make everything happen. I have been associated with The Ahwahnee since 1993 when I started as the Rooms Manager and take great ownership and pride in taking care of this special place. Thank you for recognizing that. I hope we get the change to take care of you the next time you are in Yosemite.

Warm regards,

Brett Archer, General Manager
The Ahwahnee

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ever since walking through this hotel in 1962, when I was 13, I had this place on my bucket list.
Glad I finally stayed. The public rooms are delightful. Fireplaces are amazing in winter. End of March is a nice time to visit Yosemite, as the crowds are smaller.
Our room was nice but no desk and limited luggage/closet space. We moved to Yosemite Lodge for rest of our stay due to high cost of Ahwahnee - About double Yosemite Lodge.
Perhaps useful to list a few issues: 1. No AT&T wireless signal. 2. Walls are fairly thin, so hope for quite neighbors. 3. Shower heads are less than six feet tall, so hope you are shorter than me. 4. Make brunch or dinner reservations as soon as you arrive. Perhaps a challenge to make time to enjoy this beautiful hotel when you likely came to see Yosemite.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family