After reading a bunch of other reviews, I heard it best: don't go to the Ahwanee expecting the ritz. After all, Its a national park hotel-- even though it maybe the crown jewel of them all, You're paying for location, location, and location-- nestled into the yosemite valley floor, under the arches, with views of half dome-- its beautiful.
I loved the old granite and timber construction, and the place blends in un-obtrusively with the natural setting. Keep in mind it was built in the late 1920's to lure the wealthy in their new passenger cars to the national park, and in turn have them support and believe in the park system. Thankfully this strategy paid off, and now we can enjoy the park; wether for the day, a stay in one of the few hotels, or a night of camping.
I recommend the cabin, and at least one meal in the dining room-- the food is excellent and the ambiance even better. We happened to sit at the same table the Queen did back in her visit in the 80's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park