Four of us (two couples) stayed here 3 nights. Rooms are small and a bit run down, but the location makes up for it. What we found very poor is the main dining area. The service is slow, the servers inattentive, food expensive and not good value and we felt that we were doing them a favour by eating there! We had a dinner & breakfast there & our friends two dinners & two breakfasts - and the service was consistently poor. I did provide feedback to the Dining manager at the time - but would be surprised if that made any difference!
Apart from the Dining room, found the front desk, housekeeping, in room dining, concierge, bar staff all very pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park