During a full week of holidays in California, we experienced no other accommodation as dreadful as this one. I had booked it with the impression that this was the ultimate experience. It turned out to be ultimate with a more literal meaning: never ever again!
Apart from its ideal location, the perfect spot in Yosemite, it deserves no positive comment, at least from our standpoint:
- the room was old fashioned, with amenities that do not match the standards to be expected in such a hotel;
- the personnel at the reception desk was doing their job, no specific personalised attention, very "I-am-paid-to-do-this-don't-ask-me-more" behavior;
- the restaurant looked great, but again, we were very disappointed by the service level, and the cuisine was closer to basic cooked food than anything else.
We had booked the room for 2 nights, we flew out after one night only. One positive comment though: they let us leave without arguing for the second night which should have paid, according to our booking. So nice of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park