My partner and I spent 10/15-10/18 at the Ahwahnee in beautiful Yosemite National Park. We found it to be a unique and charming experience.Yes, the hotel is very expensive. Yes, the rooms are not 5 star luxurious. However, the overall experience was delightful! The public spaces are simply spectacular, with
towering ceilings, huge fireplaces and beautiful rugs and wall hangings. Basically the decor has not changed since the hotel opened in 1927. It's like stepping back in time to a slower, more gracious era. I noticed that a number of reviewers had issues with the hotel staff. I must say that the staff that we interacted with were all friendly and helpful. The concierge was especially helpful in helping us plan a tour of the valley. It was wonderful after a day of hiking to sit in the lobby and enjoy the complimentary tea and cookies while listening to a pianist play standards on a Steinway Grand. We may never stay at the Ahwahnee again, but I will always remember our stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park