We stayed at the Ahwahnee for four nights in August. Having stayed at many other national park lodges and other historic hotels, we knew not to expect a modern, up to date hotel and a room with all the luxurious amenities that other expensive luxury properties offer. But we did find what we were hoping to at this hotel. While the rooms are not new they were quite comfortable. Also while it was not large, the room was larger than many rooms in luxury properties in Europe. A rollaway for our son fit easily. The balcony with a view of Glacier point was a bonus. The lobby and great lounge were grand spaces that felt both warm and comfortable as well as historic. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, from the valets out front to everyone at the front desk. Mike was especially helpful with many questions and requests including telling my wife were to stand on the lawn in order to get cell phone coverage. I will talk about the dining room in a separate restaurant review but will say our experiences there were all good. We dined one night at the bar restaurant sitting outside. The food was tasty, especially the chili dog and caesar salad. The afternoon tea for guests served in the great lounge was also a treat.
All in all we felt we were staying in a grand hotel from another era. The fact that it is in such a beautiful and unique location only added to our experience. If you are looking for a modern, shiny hotel with all the perks, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for the experience of staying in a hotel from another era that tries hard and mostly succeeds in providing a wonderful stay then you will not be disappointed. And the fact that it is right in the valley makes it especially convenient as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park