Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,616 results
All reviews food court the mountain room restaurant hemlock building yosemite valley ceiling fan family room base camp small fridge gift shop coffee maker shuttle bus glacier point can't beat the location queen bed dining options amazing location curry village
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We booked months earlier and were looking forward to staying in the Valley. It was a great location. Taking a shower the first day, I found a bunch of hair on the shower shelf ( not mine!). The second night, my friend felt a bug run across his neck while lying in bed. This morning I saw a huge cockroach run from under the pillow across the bed. We couldn’t get out of there fast enough!

Although the mattress was comfortable, it’s impossible to relax knowing roaches will share the bed with you!

Yosemite Valley Lodge needs to concentrate on cleaning the rooms well and getting rid of the roach problem!

Will never return.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank devamailtrip
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights (our Honeymoon roadtrip around California) because we wanted to be in the valley to explore everything around in the short space of time. I’m too scared of spiders and other creepy crawlers to stay in a tent so it was a better option for us. The lodge itself is not bad but redirect overpriced because of its location. We had a room with a balcony, slightly overlooking the Lower Yosemite Falls so it was very romantic. The only issue we had was the ridiculous temperature in the room - they had left the radiator on so we were boiling! The house keeping didn’t do a very good job because they left our towels on the floor, didn’t clean off the tooth paste marks of the sink and didn’t even take the dirty plate away so we got ants everywhere! The bed was comfortable but the pillows were hard and the duvet cover a bit harsh. Not many charging points were available in the room so we had to use the power plugs tray. It says in their information booklet that the free shuttles go every 15 - 30 minutes but often we were waiting for one for over 45 minutes and they were too crowded to get on them. If you don’t like camping, the lodge is ok but prepare yourself it’s not a 4 or 5 star hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank anetafollows
Reviewed August 1, 2019

We could hear the Falls from our room, and walk out the door to see them. The employees were friendly and nice to interact with. Cafeteria food was fair to not great in evening, but breakfast was fresh cooked, so was tasty; reasonably priced for a National Park. Rooms are cute, updated from my last stay in the early 1980's! ha! A splurge (350$ a night) for a middle class citizen and some British first time visitors that was worth it to stay in the park and wake up to the views, sounds, and smells of the place; all pleasant. Wish the pool hours were greater; 12-5 was a short window when you are in such a beautiful park and the temperature is 80+ degrees in the day, would have loved an early evening swim.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank anytimewecan
Reviewed August 1, 2019

This is about 10-15 minutes from the park gate. The room we got overlooks the river, and it was to good to sleep and get up to the sounds of the river. The room had a jacuzzi in it with a fireplace, and a mini kitchen. You do need a car to get to the park or you could depend on the YART. Works out well but time is limited. Have meet friendlier staff - the scenary and room makes for it.

4  Thank MAlaysiaMAlaysia
Reviewed July 31, 2019

$264.00/one night. This is a lodge, not a hotel, so take that into consideration, there is no service as you would receive at a hotel.
Spur of the moment trip in June, hard to find accommodations on the weekends. In desperation, I booked a night at this lodge. It was easy checkin, there are several buildings with names. Most rooms have a little suite vibe, fireplace, sitting area, kitchenette but what really did it was the back balcony. The Merced river rapids were right there streaming by us with beautiful views of the mountains. Kind of loud outside, but we didn't care as the scenery was gorgeous. It has a restaurant/night entertainment and a grocery store in the lobby with liquor. At night you may need a flashlight but the view of the night sky was fantastic. Also several pools on this property and one big draw was how close the park entrance is to the lodge. This is the last place you will see before the ride to the park itself.

Here's a few things that I didn't care for. Did not like the fact that you can not make reservations directly with the lodge. They use middle men companies to keep the cost and paper work down. The smell of cleaning chemicals was strong, if the old rugs were pulled up and used some other form of flooring, it would be cleaner and smell better. Wi-fi is not free, which I found annoying but I guess because of their location, it's hard to get signals. (no wifi in the park) TV listings were minimal, but I'm not there to watch TV all day or be on my phone.

Because of this location, I think the price was realistic and the views are breathtaking. I will use this lodge again and again.

Room tip: Most buildings are backed up to the Merced River rapids if you like that.
Date of stay: June 2019