We stayed at the Yosemite Lodge in March 2006. We had a great time and experienced a foot of snow. The Lodge is a bit pricey for what you get, but you have to take into consideration how far you are from everything. If you want really upscale go for the Ahwahnee and be prepared to pay for it.
We had 2 connected rooms on the ground floor with patios outside each room, which was great for the child with us who could easily move in and out of the room. The beds were fine with plenty of blankets. There was a TV with cable or satellite. The room was simple but fine for us. The bathroom was modern but the shower had some mold in it. Otherwise the room was clean. We had a problem with the maid service in that they didn't get to our room and showed up late in the day just asking if we needed anything. We said we only needed a few towels, but realized later that we were almost out of toilet paper and had to go seek it. I think the maid service is a bit iffy, but we were casual enough to deal with it.
Restaurants: You are a captive audience. The Food Court is the only place for breakfast. This is adequate but not that great. You get a certain number of free coffees or hot chocolates when you check in.
The Mountain View Restaurant for dinner is excellent! We ate there 2 nights and were very pleased both times. The menu is varied and the preparations were exceptional. Much better than we expected. Call for reservations as soon as you get to your room. They reserve half the tables and leave half for walk-ins.
Overall, we had a great time in Yosemite. The accommodation was fine and we would recommend it highly over staying anywhere out of the park. If you can afford the Ahwahnee go for it, but if you can't and can be a little forgiving, the Yosemite Lodge is a wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, TravelUp, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge