Like all but one of the hotels in Yosemite valley, the Yosemite Lodge is almost derelict and way overdue for modernisation. The rooms have no air conditioning and are full of mosquitoes - we spent most of the night trying to get rid of them so we didn't get bitten to death. You need to get up early - the Lodge has a 1950's hot water system and if you get up much past 7am, there's no hot water. The room we had had a musty smell to it with peeling wallpaper and rotting wood in the door and around the window frames. The flyscreen looked like it had last seen attention sometime in the 80's.
The food is very average and extremely overpriced. For example a breakfast for two cost us nearly $20. The employees in the cafeteria are not the most polite people you'll come across, and only once out of the four times we ate in there did they get our order right.
They do have a more formal restaurant but you have to queue. The guides tell you that you can make reservations, but you can't.
On the plus side, like other reviewers have said, the location is amazing, right next to the main Yosemite Falls. The Lodge has bicycle rental for $7.50 and hour, or $24 a day which is well worth doing and there's a free shuttle stop outside the reception. They have an Olympic sized swimming pool too which is good for a refreshing dip.
Our room was $128 a night, but in reality the Lodge isn't worth much over $50 a night. Honestly next time we're going to rent an RV and park up somewhere - it will be cheaper and we'll be able to have our own food.
One last note : gas / petrol. There are no gas stations inside the park valley. There's one at Crane Flats, inside the west gate, where gas in the summer of 2005 was $3.90 a gallon. Just outside the park on SR140 is another gas station at $4.50 a gallon. Fill up before you get to the park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge