“Yosemite is wonderful!!!”

Yosemite Valley Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a big fan of Yosemite and I am pretty sure I would love all of the accommodations there because I am in such a happy spot when I visit. SO I will try to be unbiased.

Reception was friendly and provided all the information we needed to utilize the facilities. We found our guest room well from the directions the front desk agent provided.

We were housed in newly renovated guest room, but to be honest it was unclear what renovations had been done. The room was a bit dated. The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. The room heater worked well and we were comfortable temperature wise, especially because it was really chilly out when we visited. It was a bit dark, but that was okay the view is outside. I thought the dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion provided good products and I appreciate the environmentally safe option.

I would visit again, winter was wonderful and the prices were very good about $150 per night.

We ate at the casual dining restaurant behind the front desk as well as at the bar. The casual dining offered pretty bland food, we just had breakfast there each day and Petes’ coffee. The bar had good food and we enjoyed dinner both times we ate there. Prices for both were very good. About $9.00 for breakfast and $50 for two for dinner with a couple of beers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank WanderlustSal
Write a ReviewReviews (3,956)

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

There are limited places to stay in Yosemite especially if you don't want to camp out so I would say this is probably the best option value wise. The room was lovely and the staff were great, the main dining area offering isn't great and doesn't offer great value for school dinner type food but the restaurant on site was good although more expensive. The bar is cosy with a big fire in the middle. Winter is a strange season here with not much going on although it meant there was no traffic and it sometimes felt like you had the whole of Yosemite to yourself.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessManchester
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Recently stayed here for 12 days and I was pleased with the experience overall. The rooms are clean and well furnished. The bathroom was spacious and accommodating as well. The best thing about these lodges is their proximity to the falls and to the cafeteria. I would certainly recommend staying here if you want to get the full Yosemite experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Kurt H
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have stayed at Yosemite Lodge since long before Delaware North added the “at the Falls” designation. We only go in the winter since we want to experience Yosemite Valley without the hordes of people. As many others have pointed out, the location is priceless and the accommodations are adequate. The buildings at the north end offer the quietest rooms, especially Aspen, Dogwood, and Tamarack.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I started our honeymoon here thanks to my sister in law & her family. We had one of the cabins. It was gorgeous! Upon arriving to our room, they had made a heart shape out of rose petals on the bed with a little heart shaped pillow and a box of chocolates next to it. They even had champagne & sparkling cider on ice for us. Everyone was so friendly. Loved the fireplace in the room. Housekeeping was just a call away to bring us more firewood even at night. When we checked in for activities the next day the consier knew who we were which was surprising to us both. The food in the dining room was delicious! The great part is that you can charge everything to your room even at the Yosemite Lodge. This was my first time at Yosemite and I give it two thumbs & toes up. The scenery is breath taking. The only drawback for us was the walls in the room were thin. We could hear the conversations from the neighboring cabin (it's one cabin in the middle and the others are attached on each wall). This made it a little weird for us since we were on our honeymoon. But all in all the staff was amazing, the hotel was amazing and you can't beat the scenery. We will define tally try staying here again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a beautiful experience, Yosemite Park is worth the travel time, but remember, once you arrive at the entrance, it’s another one hour journey to the valley floor. I highly recommend having ur snow/ice cables on hand, the weather can be unpredictable. We stayed at the maple lodge, second level with a view, quite pleased with our choice. The food at the cafeteria was worse than hospital grub, but the menu at the mountain restaurant was wholesome, a pleasant surprise. The hiking experience is sublime, the trails clean and easy to follow. The peaceful surrounding overwhelms the senses with extraordinary vigor, while the majestic synchronization of environment engulfs each roving thought distinctly, the wonderment…inspirational. If you enjoy biking, the excursion is praiseworthy and a lot quicker than hiking about. We highly recommend the lower falls trail; you’ll have a “w0w” moment and a unique perspective from the base of this colossal towering granite giant together with the dry riverbed which enwraps the overpowering, oversize boulders like the unseen primordial era of dinosaurs… a wondrous winters’ vacation, an unforgettable expedition…

Room Tip: visit Yosemite during the off-season, it's cooler, and not so many people :))
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dennis q
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times only because I can't camp in the winter time. I agree with the other reviews, " really old even in renovated rooms." I don't understand how they can charge what they do for motel caliber rooms. The location is good if you want to be near lower Yosemite falls. The restaurant has a great view, but also could use some sprucing up.

Room Tip: Ask for a family lodge if traveling with the kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Groveland
10 mi away
#1 of 2 in El Portal
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to Yosemite Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!