The Lodge is in a great location in the heart of the park. It has all the facilities that you would need and if it doesn't, you can always hop on the free bus to Yosemite Village.
The room was comfortable with all the facilities that you would expect. The only thing it didn't have was air conditioning, which did make it very hot at night. There was a ceiling fan that provided some relief, but it wasn't ideal. We had a first floor room, which had a balcony with a great view of the surrounding mountains as well as the occasional passing deer.
The lodge itself is not the best. The food hall reminded me of a school cafeteria and is quite unpleasant - I would recommend eating elsewhere. The pool was closed because it was after Labour Day, even though there still seemed to be plenty of people about, which seemed stupid.
It was expensive, but you can easily spend the same amount staying just outside the park and you would then waste time and petrol getting to the park. So, overall, it suited us very well and I think I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge