We were lucky to get 4 nights on short notice during the busy summer season thanks to last minute cancellations. The check in process was not exactly smooth. We had to consolidate 2 reservations into one so that we wouldn't have to change rooms. The clerk we got could not figure it out so we stood there for a half an hour waiting for someone to help her do it. We finally got our keys and headed up to the room on the second floor. We lugged our stuff up the stairs and settled in. Only to get a knock on the door from another family who had the keys to the same room. They had the room next door too so we packed up our stuff, called the front desk and went down for keys to another room. In another building, on the second floor. So once again, we lugged our stuff up the stairs to our room.
Room- surprisingly clean considering the amount of dirt hikers trek in. The double beds were quite small for 2 people in each. But comfortable mattresses. No AC and it was HOT while we were there. Hard to fall asleep but it cooled off throughout the night.
Food- the cafeteria was okay. Breakfast got very crowded. Do not come to the park for the food because you will be very disappointed. If you like pizza, this is the place for you. Pizza is served everywhere in the park!
Service- lacking in all areas. It seemed like the staff at the front desk of the lodge and the restaurant were not really trained. They didn't seem to know what to do and always had to ask for a manager to help them. The food service people seemed very overwhelmed in the morning breakfast rush.
The Park-spectacular. Especially the hike to Vernal Falls, Glacier Point, and Mariposa Grove. All 3 not to be missed.
Unfortunately, there is not really an alternative to this hotel if you want the amazing location. Just keep your expectations for service very low and you should be fine.
Enjoy the park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Otel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge