Yosemite Valley Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Majestic Yosemite Hotel(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Big Trees Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
Rush Creek Lodge(Groveland)
View Hotel
Tioga Pass Resort(Lee Vining)
  • Restaurant
4,038 results
All reviewsfood courtthe mountain room restauranthemlock buildingyosemite valleyceiling fansmall refrigeratorfood hallfamily roomgift shopshuttle busbike rentalscoffee makerglacier pointcan't beat the locationtwo double bedsdining optionsamazing location
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Location of the hotel is perfect. I was opposite reception and the restaurants which was perfect. Room had everything that was needed and was comfortable. After a long day walking it had a nice shower and comfy bed which was all I needed. I think next time I would stay at Curry Village to save some money, as I heard lots of good reviews from other walkers.
Overall it was a pleasant hotel in a brilliant location but was a bit pricey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just stayed at the Lodge for 3 nights -- April 12th - 14th. Yosemite Falls is a very short walk from the room, as are the restaurants and the shuttle. You can't beat the location for the price ($219) and the rooms were plenty spacious and comfortable. We were told ours had just been refurbished so they were attractive as well. There are balconies facing cliffs and meadows where we saw deer walking by. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the sunset reflect off of the rocks as much as anything else we did at the Park. The restaurants on site are excellent, albeit very pricey. I'd go back in a heartbeat! If you can pick the building your room is in, you have a better chance of a view from your room. Check out the hotel map and compare the room locations to the location of the Falls and roads, etc.

Room Tip: If you can pick the building your room is in, you have a better chance of a view from your room. Check out the hotel map and compare the room locations to the location of the Falls and roads, etc. Juniper was a good building to stay in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ArizNative
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed there 2 nights at the end of march.
I was expecting a regular hotel but it's not really that. The lodge is made of various "houses" surrounding the main court (where you'll find the reception, the food court, the souvenir shop, the bus stop, etc...).
The room was simple but comfortable and clean.
I guess the best thing is the location. You can take buses to every place you want to start a walk. Extremely practical.
The food court is fine for the breakfast (prepare to wait a bit). At night the restaurant, even beeing huge, feels cosy and the service is really good.
Perfect for families.
Well, at the end you don't stay that much in the room!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandre92100
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It is well known that accomodations at a NP are (very) expensive. Bookings in summer time are to take place at least 9 - 12 months in advance. A room at the Yosemite Lodge is not cheap ($ 244). The interior of the room is convenient but very outdated. From the other hand ... it goes with the park and the total environment. All looks nice, but the furniture is too old. Closets don't close. The bed however is wonderfull.

Room Tip: We had Rm 326 (on the second floor); you have to take 14 steps on the stair
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hans750
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is basing everything off their location. I would say it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in besides the bates looking motel i stayed in when i was a kid. The first room we got was felt like a nursing home and smelled like one too. (I know as I used to work in them) After mentioning 3 beds for 5 people would not work they gave us a new room.The second room was not as bad but even my small kids who pay not attention to things noticed the paint peeling off the ceiling and the cob webs behind the tv.

We ate at Camp Curry for dinner one night and realized we should have just gotten a tent as the grounds were much nicer at camp curry and the room could not have been much worse than what we had at the Lodge.

The bike rental was great but the restaurant was much better at Camp Curry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family