Expectations ! I thought this was going to be a hotel but it was just a basic lodge, which is a short walk outside away from the Reception area.
To be fair it is right in the Yosemite valley where construction of grand hotels would not be appropriate. However, for the price it is highly over-rated. But I guess demand = price. It is far better than driving the long distance into the town and back to see the national park, or camping if you like a hot shower. The bed was comfortable enough but basic and the front of the heater was covered with dust. Not a good sign of housekeeping. Lighting was not good (except in the bathroom). Hard to see when you come into the room from outside unless you leave a light on which was not near the door.
Whilst no food is allowed in the rooms because of bears, a basic kettle would have been good to at least make a cup of tea. The price of breakfast is included but if you go past the $13 mark you have to pay for an extra cuppa, etc.
No room service of course... so there are a few choices.
The Food Court is again very basic and OK if you are on a budget, but they could do with some hygiene instruction as far as the cooking goes. For instance, clean aprons on the cooks. They do serve a lot of people and work hard so I guess they don't have time to change. But it does tend to put one off the food. sorry guys! Hard to get anything very healthy though.
However, there is a very good restaurant not far away which has superb service and
good healthy food. Highly recommended.
But this place is definitely worth a trip, even if you are a princess like me. There is always the other "hotel" but I did not see what it is like.
Yosemite has stunning views of the mountains and cliffs and wonderful walks amidst the trees which range from pines to other evergreens and deciduous trees. Glorious in fall.
The shuttle bus also is a must to get around and scope the place before choosing a walk, especially if on limited time. The drivers are just wonderful and very helpful.
Driving to Yosemite was not a problem, although chains are recommended in case of snow on the ground. Some roads may be closed if this is the case. Advisable to check it out on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge