Lodge is spread out - I thought it would be a normal hotel with multiple levels. It's just 2 story building - it was good that we got a room on the upper level - could leave the door open without fear of mice or other animals... Make sure you don't get a room too far off the main facility (dining halls...etc.).
Our room had a nice view of the Yosemite Falls. That was pretty much the only thing going on for the room. Otherwise it was dirty. Don't expect any luxuries here - think bare essentials (bed & bath).
Decent enough - there is a shuttle service stop right in front of the lobby. It's free and runs in a loop - every 15-20mins. Last shuttle is at 10pm. We were 10minutes walking distance from the Yosemite Falls and the valley floor - it was good.
We had the breakfast plan.
Old staff, bad breakfast food, slow people... Every morning it took about an hour to grab a bite to eat. You just cannot rush these people. And the food options for breakfast range between bad to questionable.
Dinner on the hand was unexpectedly good - it was the best meal we had in fact!
It was even better than Ahwahnee hotel dinner we had which I had booked 2 months in advance, and was only half the price. If anything, I would say splurge on the dinner here.
Customer service -
Forget about it. Better have the whole trip planned out - NO ONE here will help you figure anything out. I think it's a Yosemite thing - people are generally rude, clueless, uncaring. There is a tourist help desk, but in 3 attempts we made to get their help - we left frustrated and angry.
This covers everyone from reception to waiters...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge